| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

'65 2+2 Engine Rebuild
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: '65 2+2 Engine Rebuild
'65 2+2 Engine Rebuild 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
Hello guys.

I'd like to share some stuff with you as I'm in the process of rebuilding my original WG 421 engine. The car is very mechanically sound and reliable, however, I wasn't happy with the overall appearance of the original engine/engine compartment and I wanted to beef up the engine a little as well. First off, I'm removing the orig, great performing, Carter 4 bbl and manifold and replacing it with a factory correct tri power. Let's face it, when you open the hood, there's nothing that screams out "Pontiac" more than a tri power. Jon Havens from St. Louis is handling the tri power build. It's costing $2,150.00 and he comes highly recommended. .I'm using Plastic-kote 208 blue for the paint.

Jack Anderson has been a huge help during this process. Jack and I purchased our cars about a few weeks apart in Sept 2007, and I was actually interested in his car, but the owner was, let's say, a difficult sort of fellow to communicate with, so I bought mine a couple weeks later. A little after that, while looking for a bumper on PY, Jack contacted me saying he had one, so we met in south NJ to consummate the deal. I then realized he had bought the Fontaine Blue car I was interested in! As we all know, it's a small world. Personally speaking, a connection began between Jack, me and our cars.

To be continued....

I wanted to show two pics of the factory installed FORD Toploader 3 speed manual transmission that were installed in these cars. [img] Note the GM markings! :ohmy:
19652plus2
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/02/21 17:55 By 19652plus2.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:'65 2+2 Engine Rebuild 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
Here are pictures of Peter's car at Englishtown, NJ, last November.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
Last Edit: 2014/02/23 23:54 By OldInjun.

Re:'65 2+2 Engine Rebuild 10 Years, 1 Month ago  
Here are a few of the engine parts I decided to use during the rebuild; .

030" bore and hone, Keith Black ICON forged pistons, stock connecting rods with ARP bolts, stock crankshaft, '69 GTO #48 heads, 3 angle valve job, no bowl porting, new valve springs and retainers and keepers(locks), Manley Stainless intake/exhaust valves, Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Cam kit, Comp Gold rocker arms, Manley hardened push rods, Melling Select HV oil pump, Clevite bearings rods, Clevite bearing mains, File Fit ring set.

Eddie's Performance of Sayreville, NJ did all the machine work.

On Monday, Norm the engine builder will begin putting everything together. I plan on being there so it should be exciting. All cleaned up and ready to go!
19652plus2
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/03/07 16:19 By 19652plus2.

Sweet! I can see by the photo that you are shaking with anticipation.
First race of the season with the SuperCar Shootout is April 5 @ Englishtown. I hope you will be there for the face-off!
OldInjun
Admin
graph

OldInjun wrote:
Sweet! I can see by the photo that you are shaking with anticipation.
First race of the season with the SuperCar Shootout is April 5 @ Englishtown. I hope you will be there for the face-off!

Yeah, my hands were cold!

I don't know if the car will be ready by then, but we'll see.
19652plus2
graphgraph

Re:'65 2+2 Engine Rebuild 10 Years ago  
Well, I participated in the engine rebuild and it was a great experience. We started it up on Norm's homemade engine stand and it sounded awesome. The only issue at this point, which we totally anticipated, was the fitment/clearance of the original valve covers. I'll probably use a spacer to raise them up in order to clear the roller rockers. Presently, I'm borrowing my brother's Moroso valve covers. I can't wait to remove them. lol More pics below.
19652plus2
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/04/08 08:43 By 19652plus2.Reason: addition

Go to topPage: 12
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group