| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Torpedo back done
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Torpedo back done
Torpedo back done 11 Years, 5 Months ago  
Well I finally got the Torpedo Back done!! I know it's not a 2+2 BUT IT'S STILL A PONCHO!!! Cdn. made sitting on a 84 Cutlass chassis,[shortened] 358 SBC with a Tremec 5 spd, 3:42 rear gears, dual quads,cammed & goes like "stink"!! Took 3 yrs of hard work & a few $$$$
dualquad
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Torpedo back done 11 Years, 5 Months ago  
What a neat ride! My preference would have been a Pontiac engine (400, perhaps), but cool nonetheless. Like the wheels.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Thanks appr. that!! Was thinking of using a US Pontiac D/line but the cost up here is about "Triple" the cost of rebuild of SBC & hard to find parts as well especially f/wheel, bell hsg. etc. Being a Cdn. pontiac I stuck with the Chevy stuff!!!! It cost about $3500 to rebuild the 64 's 389 back in 2003 & pistons had to come from Calif.!! UPS just gouge's you in fees to get it across the border, just about doubles the cost of parts!!!!! Thanks again on remarks, this is a HOOT to drive & just have 1200 mi since mid Sept.
dualquad
graphgraph

I missed the Canadian part - the purist in me is satisfied - Chevy engine is entirely appropriate!
Having rebuilt both the 327 in my Corvette and the 421 in my 2+2, I can appreciate the huge difference in the cost of the two projects.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group