| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How much do you think it would cost???
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How much do you think it would cost???
How much do you think it would cost??? 13 Years, 4 Months ago  
Have been looking at a number 2+2s over the past few months but realized I want a parchment interior instread of the black that most have been selling with. What's your estimate for replacing the black with parchment (parts and labor seperate)..
Thanks
BigBrother
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How much do you think it would cost??? 13 Years, 4 Months ago  
I got a quote from Harry Samuel for a complete '65 2+2 coupe interior of $2500. I didn't buy because I don't need it - was just thinking it would be good to have a spare, since Harry is trying to retire, and (to my knowledge) he's the only one who uses NOS Pontiac Morrokide vinyl. That was for Blue Charcoal - I don't know if color affects price.
You'd still need carpet, maybe (cheap - less than $200), and upholstery labor. Local labor rates vary, but I'd estimate in the $500-$800 range. Good time to replace the foam, of course.
One caution on the seat covers - I've seen several otherwise flawless 2+2 restorations which had upholstery with very shallow pressed pleats. The upholstery lacks the same definition & rich look of the factory seat covers, and it cheapens the whole interior. Insist on seeing a sample of the supplier's covers and compare to an original interior before you buy.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

SMS has the same stuff. I have samples from both Harry and SMS. After viewing each sample under a 10x loop, to me the grain of the SMS matched better than that from Harry. Just my opinion.
My guess total interior around 3500.00 for a complete changeover. Not including dash.

patrick
65wj
graphgraph

Thanks guys...I just keep needing a reminder why I should buy a really nice completely restored car and not think about projects for myself and my wallet...
BigBrother
graphgraph

Whew, how many times have I been reminded of that? I would have saved a ton of $$$ if I had done that with the 2+2. I totally misjudged the cost to restore this one. But I won't say I really regret it now..
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group