| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Nice '66 for sale
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Nice '66 for sale
Nice '66 for sale 13 Years, 4 Months ago  
Just saw this today....but must have been on the market for a couple of months. Dealer said he has just done deal so not available. Think it is a real nice car. Give me a free lesson in what is right and wrong with this one
...great close up pixs

www.showdownmusclecars.com/inventory/C66761
BigBrother
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Nice '66 for sale 13 Years, 4 Months ago  
This is a very nice looking car to me. It is either the same car or very similar to one that was listed by Yolo Musum near Chicago for several months. I tried to convince my brother to go look at it back then but he wasn't interested.
Most of the things I noticed were in the small details...
Looks like a rubber plug in passenger front fender where manual antenna mounts and not sure why unless was a replacement fender???,
"Pontiac" emblem in front grill not correct for the 2+2 and the pinstripe placement at waist line incorrect for 2+2...was just above the lower ss trim side moldings.
Also, the YJ engine code is for a tripower auto. trans. but for a 356 HP not the HO 376HP engine...but still very rare as only 984 built according to the documents I got from PHS for my 2+2.
Front grills painted black inside, but came from plant with black grill and charcoal colored grill surround insides. Also the Hurst shifter emblem on the trunk was not original but dealers and owners often added to the cars...all 4 speed shifters were Hurst for '66 Pontiacs.
On the positive side, pics of 421 fender emblems, 2+2 quarter emblems are originals and not repops and look good. The tach is correct for '66 and looked great, and the door and inside quarter panels also looked very nice and the metal trim is correct as it is brushed finish not smooth.
There was a '66 silver paint, but it was called "platinum" not cortez silver as presented in the ad, but the silver paint looked good to me!I hope this was what you were asking for.
duncan22
graphgraph

That's a nice array of pictures - the dealer knows how to market his cars.
Larry Kosek's 1995 Registry has this car listed as owned by Steve Koclanes of Norwood Park, IL. It was listed incorrectly as 376hp H.O. engine, but is actually a 356hp car. This is, however, a very nicely equipped & good looking car.

These are the nits I would pick, some already spied by Duncan22:
1. incorrect placement of pinstripe - this was where they went on a '65, not a '66
2. poor bumper fit, front & rear
2. incorrect Hurst emblem
3. aftermarket gauges under dash
3. missing door weatherstripping
4. incorrect battery cable terminals
5. rear sway bar - I don't believe that was available in '66
6. antenna mount hole in front
7. car came with wheel covers - 8-lugs added (not original, but a nice addition IMO)
8. upholstery ripped at seam, rear seat lower left corner
9. instrument panel paint worn
10. incorrect exhaust, I think

The steering wheel seems to be in remarkably good shape.
I would love to know what "deal" was struck on this one.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

This pops up from Volo when you search for "66 2+2 in google but think it was offered a couple of years ago not recently. At that time it was listed for $27k but looks like a couple of things have been cleaned up since then (steering wheel, etc)...He said around 30k but he is a car saleman...

I'd put this into the same category as the (2) BonnevilleJoe sold on ebay this year...so my market impression with this type of car is:

A very very clean '65-66 auto in a good color, with after the fact upgrades (HO, eight lugs, maybe not #s match, etc) gives you a mid $20s+ car, same car with 4 spd bumps you up a few thousand and convertible adds prob $4-5k.
BigBrother
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group