| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

421 carb question?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: 421 carb question?
421 carb question? 13 Years, 2 Months ago  
I am trying to figure out who were the original producers for the carb that was factory with the 421. I know the highest HP output came with the tri-power, but I am trying to find out any info I can about carburetors for the 421. The over $45k resto job is finally done minus a carb change and a few dyno pulls! Please e-mail me with any links or info for carbs on the 421, I would greatly appreciate it and can't wait to post pics of the car all finished!
e-mail: christopherbridges85@yahoo.com
Masterhelm
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:421 carb question? 13 Years, 2 Months ago  
The 2BBL carbs were made by Rochester. 1966 was the only year that the center carb matched the end carbs in size. Prior to that it was slightly smaller. It was also the last year for Tri-Power, due to a ban on multiple carburetion imposed by GM (they made an exception for 427 Corvettes in 1967).
My research shows carb # 7024078 for the front carb, 7024079 for the rear. I can't find the center carb number, so maybe someone else can help.
Congrats on your progress with the car. PLEASE share pix!
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Fred Tuefert's web page gives some 421 tri power carb numbers...hope this helps

google "Fred's Pontiac info" or try www.tuefert.net
duncan22
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/01/24 23:44 By duncan22.Reason: correction

I had inserted links to Tuefert's excellent info, but placed them under the "Articles" tab in error. I'll move them to the "Links" tab.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Thank you both, this helps a lot. Now that I think I am going to bite the bullet and get the 3 Duces. I am weary on what I keep hearing on how constantly you have to do minor tune-ups on them to keep them running right, but as much as we have done to this car I don't see why not. Anyone have connections as to where I can buy a set that won't run me $1200? I know it's a long shot since all the 66' rebuilds or a few originals I have seen for the 421 are around that price. Any help would be great! I am so excited to be able to start showing this car again! Like I said, I promise to have pics up once I get this thing off the dyno!
Masterhelm
graphgraph

Wow don't I feel silly, now the cheapest I can find on the internet is at least $1,700!! Ha, well, we will see! Pockets are pretty light trying to make a big decision like this for the last thing that needs to be done to the car- Maybe you guys know somebody? ::wink wink nudge nudge:: haha- This being my first car since I was 15, I have to do it right, I have had it 10 years now, it's been to the Navy with me and back, I have taken it on a road trip half-way across the country on Route 66 with my Father. I feel like I owe it to the car in some strange way
Masterhelm
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group