| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

421 carb question?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: 421 carb question?
Re:421 carb question? 13 Years, 3 Months ago  
Complete Tri-Power set-ups are going for $2K-$3K, depending on condition. Personally, I'd rather buy one in need of restoration & send it out myself. You'll know who you're dealing with & the quality of the work, and may save some $$$ on the front end.

Contact Gary Kittle @ gkittle245@aol.com. He has a '66 2+2 coupe, 4BBL car. He bought a Tri-Power set-up for it, but has decided to leave it as a 4BBL. He may sell it, and is expecting your email.

If you find one that needs rebuilding/restoring, I highly recommend Custom Rebuilt Carbs, Middlesex, NJ., phone 732-356-4333, Click here for link. They did an AFB for my Corvette and the 3X2's for my 2+2. Superior quality work.

I know of another '66 set-up on an aluminum reproduction manifold. It's sitting on a friend's shelf collecting dust, may be for sale. If you're interested I'll ask.

I've owned two Tri-Power Pontiacs, and will tell you that they are a lot of fun to drive. Do it!
Happy Hunting!
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Cab Shop has an interesting note about being able to id Rochester carb numbers that is worth reading. Also page 6B-2 of the 1966 Pontiac Chassis manual has a table with carb numbers for various setups...of course the 421 auto trans center carb i snot listed...however the table shows a center carb number for manual trans.

Frank at Frank's Pontiac Parts in 29 Palms,CA and Mike's Tripowers in Peoria, IL are a couple of other possible sources but I have no idea about their pricing.
duncan22
graphgraph

Don't know anything about this guy but his site has a lot of info about Pontiac Tri-Power

www.pontiactripower.com/index.html
BigBrother
graphgraph

Okay, I have decided 13 Years, 3 Months ago  
I have seen one or two on Ebay- but I am looking for a complete Tri-Power set-up I can basically just bolt on and connect the linkage. Hopefully somewhere around $1800... But after $47k or so, I'd feel stupid for not just going all the way and finishing it like this with the 3x2's- Please let me know anything else, you all have been a great help!
Masterhelm
graphgraph

Re: Okay, I have decided 13 Years, 3 Months ago  
there is no shame in a 421 with 4b carb. actually faster off the line than 3 dueces (same with dual quad) passing power at 40mph is where 3ds come into their own..
john
graphgraph

Re: Okay, I have decided 13 Years, 3 Months ago  
well I just can't stop staring at the HP difference... Yeah the 4bbl would keep me original, and after this much money you would think I'd stay that way, but the factory option of the 3x2's with that extra power is so appealing... I have let everyone talk me into just doing it, and no one to tell me otherwise. I want my street/show 2+2 two be able to "do some work" out on the strip when I take it again-
Masterhelm
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group