| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Carbon footprint...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Carbon footprint...
Carbon footprint... 10 Years, 8 Months ago  
I just returned from a 1000-mile round trip to Norwalk last evening, and watching the news this morning I caught a segment on experimentation with creating hamburger meat from cow stem cells. Burgers are probably my favorite food, but the idea cellburgers doesn't exactly get my juices flowing.
What caught my attention was a quote from one of the scientists doing the work, referring to the negative impact on the planet from beef production:
"“A vegetarian with a Hummer is actually better for the environment than a meat-eater with a bicycle”
That got me to thinking - I consider myself an environmentally responsible person. I recycle, I try to use a minimum amount of all things which require use of raw materials, energy intensive manufacturing, or landfill space. But a 3 day trip in a 13 mpg land yacht, during which I consumed mass quantities of beef, calls for some re-evaluation. I guess I'm not as green as I had hoped.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Carbon footprint... 10 Years, 8 Months ago  
Shame on you!!! but on the "lighter side" I'll bet the drive was great, lots of 'thumbs up" & who gives a "RATS A$$" about milage!! I 747 taking off, or a freight train loaded, just "nullifies" any savings that any normal people "try' to save!!! Carbon TAX??? biggest "SCAM" going, buying & selling "credits" is making some RICH!!!! Pete
dualquad
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group