| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: R-E-S-P-E-C-T
R-E-S-P-E-C-T 11 Years, 7 Months ago  
If you've read my previous posts regarding 2+2's for sale or that have sold over the last couple of years, you probably found a consistent thread - I believe ours cars to be undervalued by the marketplace. For whatever reason, equivalent GTO's, Chevy's - hell, even Mopars - sell for more than our much more rare 2+2's.

Well, something happened this weekend that I found encouraging. Finally a 2+2 gets RESPECT at sale time! A freshly restored 1965 2+2 convertible just sold at the Mecum auction in Dallas for $72,000! Kudos to the sharp-eyed Ebayer who saw a quick profit.

This car had recently sold on Ebay for $39,500. According to the description in that listing, it was not very original - base motor replaced with Tri-Power H.O. motor, factory correct a/c added, non-original color. If you're looking for correct, this car's not the one. If you want a car with "eyes", this is it. The resto shop that sold it claims $133K in receipts. Looks as if they should have sent it to Mecum instead of Ebay.

One negative note about the Mecum pre-sale listing - though not specifically linked, they mention "PHS documented" on one line, followed shortly by "YK code 421/376 HP HO Tri-Power Engine". One could reasonably assume from that listing that PHS indicates the car was H.O. equipped from the factory. I think they should have disclosed a non-original motor. Hopefully the Mecum buyer did their homework!

I've seen higher $$$'s claimed for other 2+2 sales, but this is the first that I believe. So we have a new high-water mark - one which should improve the re-sale outlook for all of our cars. To paraphrase: "A rising tide raises all land yachts".
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/09/10 10:40 By OldInjun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group