| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Happy 2018!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Happy 2018!
Happy 2018! 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
I hope everyone has had an enjoyable holiday season, and Wish You a Happy, Healthy New Year

2018 should be an eventful year for the 2+2 Community. In 2010, I started the Registry with one main goal in mind: by building a community for fellow 2+2 enthusiasts, we could build awareness of the uniqueness of Pontiac's best factory street performance car (thats 'my opinion and I'm ready to defend it). Higher awareness = higher value in the marketplace, and helps to ensure that the 2+2 legacy lives on.

Since that time, we have registered 345 cars - thanks to all of you. We celebrated the 50th Anniversary of the birth of the 2+2 at Norwalk in 2014, with one of the largest gatherings of 2+2's in recent times. We seen a steady rise in the resale value of our cars - I like to think that is not a coincidence.

I'm looking forward to the coming year. We are making good progress in the effort to establish a specialty chapter for 2+2 fans in the Pontiac-Oakland Club International. I anticipate we will be granted a charter by the time car season starts (for you lucky enough to live in a year-round car season clime, that would be April/May for those less fortunate). If you're interested in joining, please contact me.
I'm also hopeful we can drive car registrations to the 400 mark. I know there are some of you who own more than one 2+2, and I would ask that you register them all. It's a bit more work (the website software requires that each vehicle be registered on a unique username and email address), but it will help to reach our goal of recording every 2+2 out there. Remember, it doesn't have to be restored or even drivable - if it is a real 2+2 from the factory, we want it recorded. You can also help by passing the word to any 2+2 owners you encounter in your rounds to car events. I've got 2+2 Registry business cards, and will send you some on request if you want to stick them on windshields at car shows.
Of course (shameless commercial follows), you can also promote the Registry by wearing a 2+2 Registry T-shirt or hat, or mount one of our license tags on your car. It's all right here:Registry Store. All proceeds go to support this website.

One last wish - many happy & safe miles in your 2+2 this coming year.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2017/12/31 12:09 By OldInjun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Happy 2018! 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
Happy New Year to you Jack!! Thanks for all your hard work for us with our 2 plus 2s. I moved my car to New Jersey this summer and never drove it here!! I then moved it back in December to Ohio! I also picked up a 1965 Buick Wildcat ConvertIble this October! Looking forward to driving both alot this year! Question Jack, Do you drive your car on Bias tires? I am looking into getting them for my car this year. I like the look of these tires more and it seems to sit better with these tires> Thanks Jack Fred
fredscat
graphgraph

Re:Happy 2018! 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
I've driven on bias plies for the last 8 years - 8.50x14 Coker reproductions, mostly. It's not by choice, but because I have the car points judged by AACA & POCI at least twice a year, and they deduct as much as 5 points per tire, including spare. Also, I drag race it 6-10 days a season with a FAST class group, which requires factory-correct tires.
At 32 lug nuts per tire change, it's too much trouble to swap for highway driving. I drove it 25,ooo miles between 2009-2014 (when I acquired a trailer), and can tell you that bias plies suck. My friend Dante has an identical 2+2, except with radials, and it rides and handles much better.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group