| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

POCI 2+2 Chapter???
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: POCI 2+2 Chapter???
Re:POCI 2+2 Chapter??? 6 Years, 6 Months ago  
I sit on the POCI Board of Directors for the Central East Region, and was very involved in the establishment of the Delmarva Chapter, so I know what is required.
We would get 12 active POCI members to apply for a charter, along with a Constitution & Bylaws (not as intimidating as it sounds). Once the charter is approved, we would hold nominations and elections of officers. A newsletter is certainly encouraged, but not necessarily a deal killer.
As I envision it, a 2+2 Chapter would help provide a structure for regular reunions/meetings (at the POCI convention? At Norwalk?), and a better way to promote the community of 2+2 owners, especially with the majority that obviously do not engage on this forum.
Personally, I would welcome the added help a chapter would bring in my personal mission to promote 2+2's. Except for a few of you stalwarts out there, sometimes I feel like the proverbial lonely guy whistling in the dark.
Unfortunately I'm not a regular Facebook user, so I appreciate the heads up on that. Please keep posting here on any up-dates.

I ask any of you who are POCI members and ready for a 2+2 Chapter to email me directly at jgand789@hotmail.com, subject line "2+2 Chapter", with your POCI member number, your phone number and your city/state.. Perhaps we could get this ball rolling in time for the 2018 Wisconsin Dells convention.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2017/09/18 18:57 By OldInjun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

We've got 4 potential chapter members so far - myself, Peluso, Wanichek & Strong.
Any others?
Remember, you can reside anywhere - just need to be a POCI member. If you're not a member, I would ask - Why not? It's in your interests to support the hobby, and it's a great organization.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Do you think it would be beneficial to have something in Smoke Signals in regards to creating this chapter?
2+2=428
graphgraph

I have emailed a group of 2+2 owners who I am confident will sign on. If they do, we'll have our dozen.
Once we have 12, I'll file the application. When the charter is approved, I think that is the time to hit "Smoke Signals" to build up membership.
We could do it now, but it will take 2-3 months to publish, and I think we'll be chartered by then.

Meantime, we need to submit a proposed chapter logo. I have an artist who can do it, probably cost about $50-$100. If anyone has a better idea, let me know.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Just saw the email! Excellent!!! In regards to the logo I have a friend that does graphic design. He did a couple things for me at no charge. He may be interested in doing a logo for us. I can touch base with him. Is there anything that you already have in mind as far as a design goes?
2+2=428
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group