| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

The "Production Copy" Manifest production date.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: The "Production Copy" Manifest production date.
The "Production Copy" Manifest production date. 9 Years, 4 Months ago  
On my Manifest Production Copy from PHS Automotive Services, Inc. in the upper left corner are two sets of numbers. Is it the day then month or month then the day of the month. My copy is not very clear. If in fact it is day then month then my 2+2 was produced on the 3rd of October in 1964. That day in October is a Saturday. Did General Motors work on the weekend? I am a recent new owner of my 1964 2+2.

Thanks for any help.

Curtis
Curtis
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:The "Production Copy" Manifest production date. 9 Years, 4 Months ago  
Just got clarification. On the Manifest it reads Month then Day which now makes sense when you view this with the PRODUCTION DATE and the PREF. DATE
Curtis
graphgraph

On the 3rd of October in 1964 they were several months into production of the 1965 models.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Thanks. That's a March 10th as a production date.

I wonder if the VIN # can actually tell me or perhaps the PHS staff how early in the 1964 2+2 series the car was produced.
Curtis
graphgraph

There was a strike in fall of 1964.I read that cranks made before strike ended were forged,
then later, from late December on, made of cast alloy. So I know that my 2+2 was early ,but,
. here is an article I copied;

[size=5]size=4]G.M. Steps Up Production

Detroit I*) — The integrated, complex industrial empire that is General Motors Corp. stepped up its activities yesterday, but at best its production of autos was a mere shadow of pre-strike days. Local plant strikes limited the production rate to a trickle. At last count, 28 United Auto Workers Union bargaining, units lacked local at-the-plant settlements. These include 15 of General Motors' 23 assembly plants. One was the Hyrda-Matic division at Willow Run, Mich.,

which makes automatic transmissions for GM cars. GM officials declined to speculate when all 360,000 workers would be back on the job. More than 300.000 were idled in the strike which started Sept. 25 over failure to reach a new national contract. The national contract was agreed upon Oct. 5 but the UAW stayed on s nke until Monday in support of local demands. , The first new cars to come oft the line since the strike were at Pontiac, Mich., in the Pontiac division.
[/size][/size]

Hope this helps regarding confused date coding!
oh, my PHS documented 1965 2+2 convertible is for sale.
John
410-294-0312 or email to jeisen2012@gmail.comt
john
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/11/30 04:01 By john.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group