| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How many were made?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How many were made?
How many were made? 13 Years ago  
I just received an inquiry from a new 2+2'er, and thought I would post it here for others to share their thoughts.

Quote:
HI,
I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW MANY 1966
2+2 WERE MADE WITH THE FOLLOWING.
4 SPEED ,CONVERTIBLE,338HP421
BLUE WITH WHITE TOP AND INTERIOR?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
I JUST PURCHASED ONE THAT HAS BEEN SITTING IN A GARAGE FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS
MIKE
End quote.

Mike-
We in the Pontiac hobby are fortunate to have access to all the production data from the 1960's, maintained by Jim Mattison at PHS (Pontiac Historic Services). I'm guessing from your email address that you own a Corvette, as do I, and know that those in the Corvette hobby would KILL to have the same information on older Corvettes.
As a recent Pontiac purchaser, you should order the PHS documentation on your car if you don't already have it (see link #3 under the Links tab).
Unfortunately, the PHS data apparently has never been sorted to the point that we can tell how many cars of a specific model year were produced in a certain color, with a certain power train, with certain options, etc. For your 1966 we don't even know how many 2+2's were convertible vs. coupe. We only know that 6383 total were made, and that 2208 had a manual transmission (but not how many were 3-speed vs.4-speed).
Which brings us to the original intent of starting this Registry. My goal has always been to build the most comprehensive database of information on Pontiac 2+2's. I want to record and publish the original factory spec's and current condition of every 2+2 in existence - or as close to that goal as possible. The more completely every 2+2 owner fills out their registration (VIN, options, colors, etc.), the more easily one could sort the data and the more accurately they could answer questions similar to yours.
If you search the Registry, you will find that we only have one '66 convertible 338/4-speed so far. The owner (2-2tommy) reports that it was originally Barrier Blue with a blue interior, but it is now painted white.
I wish you many miles of enjoyment in your 2+2, invite you to register your car, and help us get closer to the goal.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group