| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: I had a '66 2+2
I had a '66 2+2 13 Years, 1 Month ago  
I had a '66 2+2 years ago I let slip away. Originaly 421 4bbl 4-speed Posi. When I got it the owner kept the 421 so I put a 389 in it. Rode nice and ran pretty good for only being a 389. It ran so good that one day it burnt the tires all the way thru low and when I hit second shelled the trany. Ended up selling it cause I couldn't find a 4-speed for it.
mrpontiac65
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I had a '66 2+2 13 Years, 1 Month ago  
Yes, it doesn't have to be a 421 to boil the tires. My first car was a '58 Bonneville convertible with a stock 370/300hp with Tri-Power and a hydramatic. It would lay rubber all the way from 0-40mph if you didn't lift your foot.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Re: I had a '66 2+2 11 Years, 3 Months ago  
How long ago was this & what colour was the car, friend of mine has a "few" 66 2+2's & one has had a 389 put in it from being a 421 car, & is a 4 spd??? HHmmm I wonder?? Pete
dualquad
graphgraph

Re: I had a '66 2+2 11 Years, 3 Months ago  
dualquad wrote:
How long ago was this & what colour was the car, friend of mine has a "few" 66 2+2's & one has had a 389 put in it from being a 421 car, & is a 4 spd??? HHmmm I wonder?? Pete

It was white with a black vynil top. Sorry to say but the guy I sold it to put a automatic in it and drove it for about a year then pulled the engine and tranny and crushed it.I think that was back in '80.
mrpontiac65
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group