| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Looking for my 1965 2+2 Convertible, 8 lug wheels.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Looking for my 1965 2+2 Convertible, 8 lug wheels.
Looking for my 1965 2+2 Convertible, 8 lug wheels. 8 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hey Everyone...
I am searching for my old 2+2... I owned it 1974-1975 in Roselle, NJ
It was beige (I don't know the factory's name for the color), and had a 421 with an Edelbrock intake and a Carter AFB 4 bbl carb. It had air bags in the rear springs. It was not original when I owned it. The prior owner added a hood scoop and moved the front fender emblems to the scoop. It had the 8 lug wheels and the inside of each fin on the wheels had been painted red. I am searching my stuff for photos which I will post if I can find them, same for VIN data etc. But for now, I wanted to get a post up here...
I sold it to a friend late in 1975 and he supposedly drove it to Alaska when he was stationed there in the USAF.
Thanks Everyone!
Best, Bob S.
rasukovich
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Looking for my 1965 2+2 Convertible, 8 lug wheels. 8 Years, 8 Months ago  
Bob -
Welcome to the Registry!
You are one of the few new members who has used this forum for its intended purpose - most never realize what a resource it can be. I hope your post yields some results.
Was the car a coupe or convertible? The color was most likely Mission Beige.
If you go to the "Articles" tab you will find a copy of the former 2+2 Registry run by Larry Kosek through 1995. You can scan that to look for the car. On this Registry you can do a search by clicking the "Registry" tab and selecting for model year, body style, etc. That will narrow the results considerably from the 280 or so cars currently registered, and maybe you'll have some luck.
If more members would include their VIN when registering their vehicles a search for one's old car would certainly be easier. I could make that a requirement, but then some would simply falsify the VIN to avoid disclosure. Frankly, in this era of modern technology anyone can find out anything about us, so I think the benefit of disclosing the VIN outweighs any risk.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Re:Looking for my 1965 2+2 Convertible, 8 lug wheels. 8 Years, 8 Months ago  
Will do, thanks for the help.
rasukovich
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group