| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

1965 2+2 coupe on Ebay
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: 1965 2+2 coupe on Ebay
1965 2+2 coupe on Ebay 10 Years, 1 Month ago  
Click here for link

Listed incorrectly as a "Big Block Grand Prix" but, hey, it's a dealer. Probably doesn't know a V6 from a stovebolt. Don't you just love it when someone walks up to your Pontiac at a show and says,"Wow, it's a Big Block!" He does have a good Ebay reputation, though, which is more important than his car knowledge.

Anyway, nice car here - automatic, Tri-Power (not sure it is original), black-on-black. At $15K now, but reserve not met. Let's see what the market says (hope the incorrect listing doesn't hurt the bidding).
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:1965 2+2 coupe on Ebay 10 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hello Jack, Tim Frederick here. I can tell you what the reserve is on the black car on Ebay. I called, $50,000 He said he was offered $44,000 yesterday. (He is representing these cars for the owner) it appears to be an H.O. car, from what it said in the magazine article, but I could hardly read it?? Anyway, hope you are surviving this winter! Regards, Tim
Dragartim
graphgraph

Tim -
Interesting, thanks.

I hesitate to criticize this car or its listing, as I would like the car to do well and set a high water mark for 2+2 values. However, if one is are trying to get $50K it would seem important that the description be more accurate and complete, correctly spelled, and give a more professional impression.

Case in point - another member of the Registry told me he thinks the car was originally equipped as a 338hp 4-BBL engine (I may reach out to the owner to try to verify that). Details should be in the listing - engine code? original drive train? mechanicals rebuilt? No mention of PHS documentation. The dealer has obviously been notified by several people that the car is a Catalina, not a Grand Prix, but he still has not edited the title, resulting in less exposure to potential buyers.

Call me picky, but there is a world of difference between a $25K 2+2 and a $50K 2+2. Restoration of these cars is an expensive proposition, so before spending $50k potential buyers want some assurance that the car is factory correct and basically needs nothing.

All that being said, I wish the seller (and eventual buyer) well. Looks like a nice car. I hope the bidding picks up - it's currently at $16,600, and apparently a long way from meeting the reserve.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

A few years back, I spoke to the owner of this 2+2. I'm 99% sure that he told me the car was not an original HO car.
19652plus2
graphgraph

Car is re-listed on Ebay as a "Catalina" finally, but he's still describing it as a "Big Block". It only reached $17K+ the first time around, so let's see if the minimal correction helps.

See link in post below.

Good luck to the owner.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
Last Edit: 2014/03/04 09:20 By OldInjun.

Your link took me to ebay, but not to the car's ebay ad. Try this:www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Catalina-2-2-42...mp;pt=US_Cars_Trucks

P.S. Those bids leading up to the 17K?? Shill bids to me.
19652plus2
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/03/04 08:53 By 19652plus2.

Go to topPage: 12
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group