| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

'65 2+2 Convertible on Ebay
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: '65 2+2 Convertible on Ebay
Re:'65 2+2 Convertible on Ebay 11 Years, 4 Months ago  
Not a sensitive topic - it's just that the value is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I'd rather buy an unmolested (modified, upgraded, whatever) low-option car that has few factory options than one that has had a whole lot of stuff added. When I see a vintage car that has virtually every factory option available at time of manufacture, it triggers alarm bells in my mind - not original. The purist in me is skeptical.

Hopefully no one misread my initial description of the car as being critical in any way. I used the phrase "base model" as a descriptive, not as a negative.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Now I'm in a quandry: The best offer on my 2+2 is $7,000 from a guy who is going to ship the car to Sweden! I know a lot of classic muscle cars are heading to Europe due to the abysmal state of the dollar. I hate to see such a rare Cat leave our shores, but it's hard to pass up a solid offer. I'll have to sleep on it...
JamieB
graphgraph

Big Pontiac's seem to have a real fan base in Sweden - we have four 2+2's registered by Swedish owners. If he's going to the trouble and expense of shipping it to Sweden, my guess is he will provide a good home for it and give it the restoration it deserves. If you would accept $7K from a U.S. buyer, I don't see a difference. At least it is unlikely to end up as a "low rider".
Just my opinion.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Car has been re-listed on ebay with a $7500 buy-it-now price, or best offer.

Click here for link

I think we're getting into "Good Buy" territory. Hell, just slap a Maaco paint job on it, replace the front seat covers, install a set of $145 carpets, and you've got one sweet cruise night car. Don't need no stinking new top - you'll keep it down anyway!
Yikes, I'm almost talking myself into buying it.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
Last Edit: 2012/12/12 16:19 By OldInjun.

Sold for $7500.
Good luck to the buyer. Hopefully they will register the car here and share some progress photos on any restoration.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Go to topPage: 12
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group