| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

'65 2+2 Convertible on Ebay
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: '65 2+2 Convertible on Ebay
'65 2+2 Convertible on Ebay 11 Years, 5 Months ago  
Click here for link

Base model convertible, 4bbl, column shift automatic, needs complete cosmetic resto.
Neat ride if you have the heart for a big job.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:'65 2+2 Convertible on Ebay 11 Years, 4 Months ago  
Car is re-listed - only $8250. If you can do most of the work yourself, you might come out ahead at that price.

Click here for link
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Thanks for the plug! The car is located in south Jersey, 12 miles east of Philly. The engine starts right up and purrs like a cat (pardon the obvious pun). Hate to sell, it but it needs more cosmetic work than I can afford to do. This is the ideal unmolested low-mileage 2+2 convertible for someone who can do the paint and trim work themselves (or for less than retail) to build instant equity:
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Catalina...;hash=item20cd82f269

(If the link doesn't work, just go to eBay motors and search on 1965 Pontiac Catalina. It comes up as the first entry.)
JamieB
graphgraph

here we go again.. No 2+2 is a "base" model.and certainly .no 2+2 convertible is a "base" model..too many gear heads with "base" model hardtop manuals rating their own cars and speed above all else ..check out the price tags on convertible option and t400 option...crusin in a convertible with this pedigree needs no step child rating by anyone in this group!
john
graphgraph

There was no intended disrespect for this car in the description, but a 4-barrel with a column shift automatic without many options is still a "base model" 2+2 convertible. My intention was to give a quick description of the car for the Registry members who may be shopping for a '65 2+2. A free plug, as was acknowledged, so I would take it for what it is worth. I would never consider any 2+2 a "stepchild". As I said initially - it's a "neat ride", which anyone should be proud to own.

The market will definitely place a premium on the fact that the top goes down, but generally speaking a '64-'66 2+2 will garner more interest - and higher dollars - if it is equipped with a manual trans & multiple carbs, just as with the GTO's.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Well, I won't wade into the clearly sensittive topic of if any 2+2 can be called a "base" model <g>, but I bet my 2+2 has the distinction of being the lowest-optioned 2+2 convertible still in existence! Tri-power? Nope. 4-speed? Nope. 8-lug wheels? Nope. Console? Nope. Power windows? Nope. Power steering? Nope. Power brakes? Nope. Seatbelts? Nope nope nope! But it is still the way it was oredered from the factory, unmolested, except for the color change from Teal Turquise to Matador Red.
JamieB
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group