| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Two HO '65's - one for sale & one sold
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Two HO '65's - one for sale & one sold
Two HO '65's - one for sale & one sold 12 Years, 11 Months ago  
The two cars can be seen on the Red Hills Rods & Choppers. The car for sale is an HO four speed coupe, and the sold car a reported HO four speed convertible. The asking price on the convertible was $105K if I remember correctly.
duncan22
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/04/22 10:00 By OldInjun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Two HO '65's - one for sale & one sold 12 Years, 11 Months ago  
Click here for the convertible

Click here for the coupe

Both are gorgeous cars. I wonder if they came from the same collection?
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Now everyone with a 2+2 vert is going to think they are worth $100K (can't believe anyone actually bought it near that price)

The hardtop was sold last year at the San Diego (classic and muscle) RM Auction for $40k. Was a nice car but thought it was a little steep but 2 bidders locked up and took it from 30 to 40k.

Still looking for mine..every old coot who has one for sale won't return calls after they list it..guess they get seller remorse early
BigBrother
graphgraph

I talked with the guy at Red Hills Rods and he said it was close to museum quality and 100% factory original. My guess is it sold for a very high price considering how rare it is and the quality of the restoration.

P.S. To BigBrother...What makes you think everyone who has a 2+2 convertible is a "Old Coot"?????
duncan22
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/04/22 21:52 By duncan22.Reason: added information

Did the factory make blue convertible tops? Never saw that before and thought it looks bad. They were trying to sell that on Hemmings last year for about $75k

I hope to be an "old coot" someday (now I'm just a middle aged coot) and not only the vert owners but the hdtp 2+2 owners are also.

Old coot defination: Old and eccentric. The old part is easy to determine. Every 4sp seller I talk to wants to sell because they had knee or hip replaced and can't use the clutch anymore. The eccentric parts is also easy. Anyone in this hobby is a little eccentric (in a good way)

duncan22 wrote:
I talked with the guy at Red Hills Rods and he said it was close to museum quality and 100% factory original. My guess is it sold for a very high price considering how rare it is and the quality of the restoration.

P.S. To BigBrother...What makes you think everyone who has a 2+2 convertible is a "Old Coot"?????
BigBrother
graphgraph

My Pontiac color & top code info shows only black or white convertible tops available from the factory. I really think a white top with white interior sets off the metallic blue colors very,very nicely. I guess it's whatever a person prefers.
duncan22
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group