| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

1966 Coupe on ebay
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: 1966 Coupe on ebay
1966 Coupe on ebay 13 Years, 8 Months ago  
Click here for link

Lot of potential here - original block. Somebody needs to rescue this thing.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:1966 Coupe on ebay 13 Years, 8 Months ago  
It's back!

eBay link here

Somebody needs to rescue this baby, please.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

They relisted it and said wrote that he would take $3200. Interesting that he hasn't gotten a bid in 3 tries. I know the car is not great shape but surprised that no interest at this level...Must be the economy
BigBrother
graphgraph

I don't necessarily think it's the economy so much as the market value of big Pontiac's vs. the cost to restore.

Unfortunately it costs much more to restore a 2+2 than an equivalent Impala Super Sport - parts are less readily available, less likely to be reproduced, therefore harder to find and more expensive when you do. Pontiac parts are also more complex - compare a full size Chevrolet bumper to one for a Chevrolet. Costs twice as much to re-chrome. Look at the respective dashes - Chevrolet is very taxicab-like in design, Pontiac's closer to a Buick or Cadillac. The headlight bezels on a '65 2+2 are heavy chromed castings - on a Chevrolet they're stamped metal. All things considered, it's surprising that Pontiac's sold new for a price that was very close to Chevrolet.

Yet when you go to sell, the Impala will bring more money. One doesn't restore a 2+2 with the thought that they will make a profit. According to the owners and restorers I spoke to in Charleston & Norwalk, some of the higher quality 2+2's that I looked at were treated to restorations costing $70K-$95K.

Hopefully the collector car market will eventually give due respect to our beloved 2+2's, and reward them with a higher monetary value. I've learned the hard way not to count on it, though - been hanging on to a Studebaker Avanti for over 20 years thinking that its rarity would drive a higher price, but no such luck.
OldInjun
Admin
graph

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group