| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Tire Sizes
Tire Sizes 13 Years ago  
My 67 hardtop is in the early stages of "renovation". Motor has been rebuilt, transmission is in good shape and upholstery has been cleaned and is pretty tidy. Brakes are a work in progress. Next will be panel and paint. But the question currently worrying away at me is tyre choice. I'm in New Zealand so have limited chances just to look at what someone else has done with their Pontiac with the modern choices of wheels and tyres. The original spec sheets say 8.25" x 14 cross ply tyres were used which by my calculations resulted in a rolling circumference of 2339mm. What sizes and brands of radial tyre are generally used to stay close to the original rolling circumference? At the moment the car is sitting on steel 14 inch, 5 stud wheels with poor quality 215/75R14 tyres which are only good enough to hold the car off the floor while it is worked on. I'm not aiming for a car in show class "as delivered" specs, but a comfortable, tidy cruiser making use of its power and style, taking advantage of modern tyre handling. I'm up for new larger diameter wheels. Suggestions are welcome.
Bagman
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Tire Sizes 13 Years ago  
My vote would be a set of P 225 /70R14 or P 225 /70R15 Coker reproduction red-lines, preferably mounted on a set of repro Pontiac 8-lugs from our friend John "Pancho Pio" at Arrowhead Components. A great period-correct look.
I've found that if you order Coker tires through Summit Racing you'll save around $20US per tire, versus ordering directly from Coker (go figure).
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group