| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

66 Black 2+2 interior
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: 66 Black 2+2 interior
66 Black 2+2 interior 9 Years, 9 Months ago  
I am getting to the point with my 66 Martinique Bronze 2+2 where I need to start thinking about buying an interior kit.
The best way i can describe my original black interior is that it is complete.
I will be needing door panels, front and rear seat covers, carpeting and a headliner.
My poor wood wheel is so faded, it looks cream colored.
It definitely needs to be restored.
I also need to recover the head rests
I have seen many different photos of completed interiors, but need some input as to the quality.
I read some posts about 2+2 interiors that suggests the pleats look barely visible.
I have seen PUI, Legendary, Ames & PY as sources for complete interiors.
Anyone used any of these suppliers, and how satisfied were you with the quality of the fit & detail to originals.
My car may never be a show winner, but I do want the nicest interior I can afford without having it custom made.
Every time you drive it, you will look around and hopefully appreciate the quality of the interior.
Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Ron
rapdron
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:66 Black 2+2 interior 9 Years, 9 Months ago  
I've seen many 2+2 replacement interiors where the pressed pleats on the seats lacked the definition/depth of the originals. It ruins the look of the interior. I don't know specific brands that have this problem, but personally I wouldn't buy any without a mailed sample to compare with the original.
If you have a long time to talk, try reaching Harry Samuel by phone - 248-258-6269, or email at samuelinteriors@aol.com. He seems to be the expert in the field, with a huge stock of NOS interior vinyl. I've heard rumors that he is finally retired, but his ad is still running in Smoke Signals.

I have a wood grain wheel with the same issue. If you find a way to stain it to look newer, please let us know.
OldInjun
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group