| 
Register
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

64 Catalina trunk torsion bars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: 64 Catalina trunk torsion bars
64 Catalina trunk torsion bars 13 Years, 6 Months ago  
While at a car show in Charleston W. V. my trunk lid was very stiff to close!! I pushed hard & lid shifted to the left about a inch. I had to remove the t/bars [not broken] & re-align the lid to latch. Had a closer look at home now & can see a "swinging" hook on both hinges, & think that at the show, one of the bars was not in the "hook" Any "trick to "re-installing" the bars to see if everything is OK & are these hooks supposed to swing when no bar attached?? Thanks Pete
dualquad
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:64 Catalina trunk torsion bars 13 Years, 4 Months ago  
dualquad wrote:
[quote]While at a car show in Charleston W. V. my trunk lid was very stiff to close!! I pushed hard & lid shifted to the left about a inch. I had to remove the t/bars [not broken] & re-align the lid to latch. Had a closer look at home now & can see a "swinging" hook on both hinges, & think that at the show, one of the bars was not in the "hook" Any "trick to "re-installing" the bars to see if everything is OK & are these hooks supposed to swing when no bar attached?? Thanks Pete [/quo I got back at the trunk & think I have "bent" something in there, possibly a hinge??? One side of lid is much higher than the other near the panel across the back window. Also did some measuring from bottom of the "U" on hinge to a fixed body location & there's a difference of 1 1/2" from side to side Now to figure out whats sides "BENT"
dualquad
graphgraph

Re:64 Catalina trunk torsion bars 11 Years, 5 Months ago  
Just an up-date found the right side hinge bent by about 1 1/2" Haven't been on here in a long while & trying to catch up!! bad summer & seriously ill for most of it!!!
dualquad
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2024 Pontiac 2+2 Registry · Website by  Garnet Design Group